- Board President
- Board of Directors
Antonio Valdés With close to 20 years of experience in behavioral healthcare management Antonio (Tony) Valdés is one of the most visible leaders in children’s behavioral health services in the greater Philadelphia community.
Tony began his career in behavioral healthcare in 1987 as a Social Worker for Connections CSP, a behavioral healthcare provider, which at that time specialized in delivering community-based services in Delaware. In 1994, after completing his MBA in Health & Medical Services Administration at Widener University, Tony assumed the position of Director of Operations for Connections CSP. In this role, Tony applied his practical experiences as a service provider to successfully manage over 100 employees and five (5) different programs.
In 1995, following his 9 year tenure at Connections, Tony served as the Executive Director of the Child Psychiatry Center (CPC) in Philadelphia. Under Tony’s guidance CPC successfully expanded program services, diversified its staff, and was the catalyst for the organization’s greater involvement in the community of North Philadelphia. While expanding CPC’s community presence Tony began to establish himself as a sought after speaker and advocate for the needs of Philadelphia’s behavioral health services provider community, thus setting the ground for his community involvement in years to come.
In 1997 Tony assumed his current position as the Executive Director of Children’s Crisis Treatment Center (CcTC) – a non-profit agency specializing in providing behavioral health services to Philadelphia’s children and their families. Since assuming this position, Tony has successfully expanded CcTC six-fold – with an overall staff increase from 45 employees to 350, an increase in its annual budget from $1.8 million to $16 million, and a service expansion of 4 programs to 16. When Tony first joined CcTC, the Center served approximately 250 children and families per year, today CcTC annually serves over 2400 children and families across Philadelphia from its 14 sites.
In addition to his role at CcTC, Tony has taken a leadership role in several community organizations, including:
• Board President of the Council of Spanish Speaking Organizations, Inc., (Concilio)
• Member of the Board of the Maternity Care Coalition from 1998 to 2005
• Chairman of the Mayor’s Children Summit 2001, City of Philadelphia
• Co-Chair of the Health and Wellness Committee of the Philadelphia Mayor’s Transition Team 2000
• Board President of the Philadelphia Alliance from 2005 to 2007
• Member of the Mayor’s Blue Ribbon Commission for Children’s Behavioral Heath – 2006-2007
• Member of 2007 Dominican Parade and Festival Committee
• Member of the CCPDE (Consejos Consultivos De La Presidencia De Los Dominicanos del Exterior) in the Delaware Valley
Throughout his career, Tony Valdés has raised the bar in providing innovative and much needed services to the City, while remaining sensitive to the needs of the diversity and cultural richness of the community at large.