The Resource Parent Coach provides recruitment, credentialing, and support services in compliance with and as directed by contract through the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, the Philadelphia Department of Human Services, and the Community Umbrella Agency/ies to which Concilio sub-contracts. The Coach’s role is to: (1) recruit prospective foster parents; (2) screen and approve prospective foster and kinship parents in collaboration with the Resource Parent Coordinator; (3) provide training and follow up services to approved foster and kinship parents including resource linkage; (4) provide coaching, issue intervention and support services as it relates to the needs and well-being of the child/ren placed in their care; and (5) maintain all documentation meeting state/county standards and best practices. The Resource Parent Coach has access to confidential client information and is expected to handle such information with integrity and professionalism.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for weekly outreach activities toward the recruitment of 20 new parents annually;
- Provide coaching, annual credentialing, and support to resource parents;
- Responsible for annual recertification of resource parents including updated clearances, medicals as requested, agreement, and annual home inspections, and enforcement of annual resource parent training hours, for submission to Supervisor for generation of Certificate of Approval;
- Responsible for providing case management, coaching and issue intervention, and resource services to foster/kinships parents and their children as appropriate parents, in alignment with contract requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between Concilio resource parents and the CUA case managers, with resource parent check in 48 hours after new placement;
- Monitor placement stability through monthly home visits to the resource home;
- Document all meaningful phone and face to face contact with resource parent in ETO;
- Report emergencies to supervisor immediately, for communication to Manager, CUA, and Childline/HCSIS as appropriate;
- Establish a working team relationship with placement families and Concilio and CUA professionals to ensure child’s well-being, promote positive growth and development and maintain stability of placement;
- Plan and host one quarterly in-service training under guidance of Coordinator and full team;
- Maintain case records with timely and accurate documentation meeting state/county standards and best practices;
- Assist Resource Parent Coordinator in arranging placements and movements as requested;
- Provide on-call Concilio coverage for one week after hours and on the weekend for new placements as scheduled;
- Participate in regular component and staff department and agency meetings;
- Attend trainings as appropriate and required;
- Maintain on-going mutually supportive, professional collaboration with the CUAs, Philadelphia Department of Human Services, other state/county agencies, auxiliary services and community resources; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field plus two years experience in Human Services, preferably child welfare.
- Demonstrated assessment, counseling and collaboration skills required.
- Group facilitation skills preferred.
- Coach should be resourceful, able to establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of clients, other professionals and foster parents.
- Coach must understand and preserve the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
- Knowledge of the social services network in Philadelphia.
- FBI, Pennsylvania Childline and Criminal Background Clearances.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Computer and technological proficiency required.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle emergency situations.
- Must have valid driver’s license and insurance and able to travel and be flexible.