The Operations Manager provides oversight of and has responsibility for all building operations including but not limited to maintenance, space rentals, business IT systems and vendor relations. The Operations Manager provides oversight of all agency equipment, conducts regular inventory and assesses the needs of the agency to make recommendations to purchase relevant materials as needed. The Operations Manager is the designated Human Resource liaison that assists with the on-boarding of new staff, ensures that all staff personnel files are in accordance with state and federal regulations and connects staff to the appropriate referral as needed. In addition, the Operations Manager facilitates administrative projects assigned by the Executive Director.
|Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures customer/client satisfaction by respecting confidentiality and privacy; treating others with courtesy, dignity, and respect, considering the needs of everyone, and responding to customer concerns promptly.
Works effectively with others toward a common goal by:
- Actively maintaining a positive impact on morale and promoting teamwork.
- Demonstrating flexibility in job activities to further promote unity goals.
- Coordinating responsibility and activities with appropriate personnel at the required skill level in a manner that maximizes productivity.
Express ideas and information clearly and concisely in oral and written forms. Listens attentively. Keeps management and co-workers well informed. Responds to requests in a timely and efficient manner.
Keeps immediate supervisor updated. Helps accomplish mission and goals.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
Identifies problems, considers viable alternatives and implements solutions based on analysis and sound reasoning, checking with supervisor as needed.
Attendance & Reliability
Works as scheduled. Meets established notification for absences. Is consistently on time and ready to work at the start of the shift.
Compliance with Policy & Procedure
Operates within organization policies and procedures. Consistently adheres to health and safety standards.
Creativity & Initiative
Creates and supports new ideas that enhance the organization’s goals or reduce costs. Shows initiative and seeks out opportunities for improvement. Performs duties in an independent manner based on guidelines set by supervision.
Competence with Customers/Clients
Provides high-quality and exceptional customer service and other related services to meet and exceed the needs of the customers/clients and their families.
Recognizes and respects cultural differences among co-workers and patients and responds appropriately.
Job Specific Criteria
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, manage all office support systems to ensure effective, efficient, and consistent functions of the agency, including but not limited to hardware, computers, servers, network management, telephones, faxes, and internet connectivity and office supplies. The Operations Manager will plan, communicate, and implement all changes to office support systems.
- Will provide three primary vendor sources for approval before administering
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, communicate all building changes to staff. Changes may include but not limited to maintenance, repairs, planning, and office and equipment set-up and
- Prepare and submit an annual building, office and network systems project plan and budget.
- Report weekly progress to the Executive
- Develop, communicate and implement policies and procedures related to building operations and maintenance, network and systems management and all administrative functions.
- Oversee the renovations and repairs of building/facilities for timely completion.
- Manage special projects as directed by the Executive Director. Accomplish specific project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures, to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of plant operations.
- Consult management on performance improvement process related issues.
- Assist management on the onboarding of staff.
- Participate in new employee orientation when necessary.
- Oversee the maintenance and rental of the hall.
- Demonstrate excellence in leading the front desk and maintenance team.
- Update job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
|Qualifications and Requirements
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Proactive client relationship management.
- Business literacy.
- Strong conflict resolution.
- Flexible interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
- Self-directed with high energy level.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced
- Focus on customer service with a sense of urgency and reliable follow through.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: Ability to manage and supervise teams and directing projects to achieve positive results. Must have the capacity to make recommendations to resolve problems or issues efficiently, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government law. Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills. Three plus years’ experience in plant operations and three years of administrative and management experience required. Broad knowledge of and experience in managing office operations including technology administration and contract negotiations.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Must be free of diseases which may be transmitted in the performance of job responsibilities during the stage of communicability unless the person can be given duties which minimize the likelihood of transmission.
- Must be certified by a physician as medically capable of performing the duties prescribed for this position.