With direction from the Operations Assistant, the Maintenance Worker II will support areas necessary to the maintenance of the building; such as building upkeep and custodial care. Responsible for maintaining: building grounds, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, floors/walls, and related systems. In addition, the Maintenance Worker II; also monitors all Concilio banquet hall.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains the building/facilities.
- Determines material, equipment, and supplies to be used. Transfers equipment from one project to another as necessary.
- Installs, repairs and maintains the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems at Concilio.
- Inspects, operates and maintains the heating, cooling and ventilation systems (including boiler system).
- Does general repairs such as painting, patching walls, security hardware, hanging shelves, shampooing of carpets, buff floor, and landscaping.
- Provides feedback on vendors to supervisor.
- Opens or closes the building.
- Serves as the ballroom monitor.
- Set up ballroom for events.
- Dismantles ballroom set up after events.
- Performs housekeeping janitorial duties as assigned:
- Clean all offices and rooms assigned to including dusting, sweeping, stripping, mopping, waxing and buffing floors, etc.
- Cleaning of all restroom facilities and stairwells.
- Removal of all trash and debris in around the agency, including snow removal.
- General security of the Agency to include locking of all doors, closing windows and making security checks.
- Delivery and pick up of supplies and furnishings to include relocation and/or removal of equipment and furnishings.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and communicate with all levels of staff, vendors and individuals on the building premises.
- Participate in all agency Arts and Cultural festivities.
- Possession of a current and valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Other related duties as required.
|Qualifications and Requirements
Education and Training
Experience in general building and maintenance. Knowledge in maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and related janitor services. Physically able to lift more than 50 pounds and frequent bending. Must be in general good health and able to lift.
- Eighteen months of education and training beyond high school level in general maintenance and repair, or experience in a related area.
- Three to four years of experience in general maintenance or other maintenance responsibilities that would include the ability to recognize electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures.
- FBI, Pennsylvania Childline and Criminal Background Clearances.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferably.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle emergency situations.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret miscellaneous drawings and schematics. Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid PA Driver’s License. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Ensuring that the building has adequate heating, lighting, and ventilation and that it is properly cleaned. Inspects electrical, plumbing, heating and other equipment and makes minor repairs for their maintenance. Arranges desks, files and other office equipment. Supervises the upkeep of grounds and buildings. Acts as custodian of all department property. Supervises the receipt and shipping of all materials and equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.