Investigator Bucks County Department of Health- Doylestown, United States
Bucks County Department of Health, is seeking COVID-19 Case Investigators to support COVID-19 contact tracing. This is in tandem with state-wide efforts to increase testing, improve communication and implementation of isolation and quarantine. This will fortify efforts to control the pandemic within Pennsylvania.
COVID-19 investigators play a critical role in containing the spread of COVID-19 through case investigation, identifying and collecting contact details of individuals with COVID-19, follow-up with contacts, issuing isolation and quarantine orders and guidance, referring to testing, and connecting them to various resources and services. Case Investigators will contact all newly reported cases of COVID-19 to determine severity of illness, potential exposure, and identify contacts. They will provide guidance on COVID-19 control measures to cases, exposed contacts and points-of-contact (this may include the exclusion of individuals from daily activities). Case Investigators will provide education about COVID-19 to cases and contacts, as well as on isolation and quarantine procedures and about social services.
This position is full-time, Monday through Friday, and some evening and weekend hours, at the Bucks County Department of Health in Doylestown, PA. The position is grant funded for a minimum of one (1) year. Continuation of the position is dependent on sustained grant funding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Obtain and document case investigation details including clinical presentation, laboratory results, underlying conditions, exposure sources, risk factors and the potential for transmission for each suspected case
• Identify close contacts who may have been exposed to cases
• Document investigation details in state surveillance system
• Participate in case briefings
• Answer public inquires including supporting call center operations as needed
• Support future COVID-19 planning efforts as situation continues evolve
• Complete other duties as assigned
• Master's or bachelor's degree in public health or health sciences preferred
• “Making Contact: A Training for COVID-19 Contact Tracers” (ASTHO) completed by date of hire
• Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress • Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
• Ability to speak, read, and write English
• Second or multiple languages a plus (especially Spanish, Russian, Gujarati)
• Ability to handle confidential information including strict adherence to HIPAA compliance
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position comes with a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical and dental coverage, paid sick, vacation, and personal time, and a retirement plan.
To apply, please submit:
1. A resume or CV
2. A cover letter Please submit as attached PDF files to COVID19@buckscounty.org with the job title in the subject line
Download Application Here